We understand how hard mornings can be, Sporkers. So what’s your morning boost? Coffee or tea?
I’m sure the Silver Spork community is fairly divided. But I’m a coffee drinker. And when I say coffee, I don’t mean a Venti caramel macchiato, extra milk, extra caramel, extra whip, hold the espresso. I mean black coffee.
I’m also not a morning person. Anyone who’s tried to hold a normal conversation with me in the morning knows that. The highlight of my morning is that first cup of coffee. The warm mug in my hand, the smell of freshly brewed coffee wafting around me. I envy the people who go without caffeine of any sort in the morning.
Then I found the perfect solution. An invention so magnificent it must have been made especially for me, an alarm clock that makes coffee. Don’t believe me, check it out here. Instead of the blast of an incessant alarm, it brews you a cup of coffee. So I don’t even have to leave my cocoon of blankets until I’ve finished my coffee.
Now, if only I can find 250 pounds to buy it. That’s, what, only $380 over here in the US?
Still not sold on coffee? There are also many health benefits to being a coffee drinker.
1. It has caffeine, which is vital for non-morning people
2. It has a pleasant aroma. And the smell of coffee has been proven to reduce stress levels.
3. Coffee drinkers are less likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes.
4. Coffee is a great source of antioxidants.
5. Coffee works as a hunger suppressant. So instead of vowing to go to the gym more, vow to drink more coffee instead.
6. Drinking coffee lowers the risk of developing certain cancers.
7. Coffee has been shown to reduce the onset of Alzheimer and dementia.
8. The caffeine in coffee increases adrenaline, allowing your body to burn more fat.
9. Since coffee reduces disease in coffee drinkers, coffee allows you to live longer. Call that a slippery slope argument, but it’s true.
So, knowing all that, coffee or tea?
Post by Katie Paige. Photo from joshrenoufdesign.com